Have a Doctor Plant Your Hair The Best Campaign The Best Result Best Price Guarantee The Most Sterilized Place: Surgery Room Style
Why to choose American Aesthetic?
About one million people in a year choose to go with medical tourism. Turkey is ranking number 3 in healthy tourism. We use the latest technology for Hair Transplantation Treatment Treatment. We offer best price and finance options for Hair Transplantation Treatment Treatment payments. Hotel and airport is free when you buy Hair Transplantation Treatment Treatment. (valid for patients travelling from abroad.) We are not a medical tourism office; we are a hospital. Fast healing option for Hair Transplantation Treatment Treatment.
Within the information of our patients, the following videos are published.
Hair transplant surgery is a procedure that aims to restore the growth of hair to areas of the scalp that are either experiencing hair loss or thinning. Both recent advances in technology and the use of follicular unit grafts have paved the way for the development of new innovative hair transplant procedures. Doctors at American Aesthetics utilize Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) to help you achieve the best results for you personally:
1) Follicular unit extraction (FUE)
These days, both men and woman who are experiencing hair loss can undergo a hair transplant and be given natural looking hair with the use of an FUE procedure. This procedure is patient friendly as it leaves no scarring on the scalp and has a relatively short recovery time. Thanks to advances in the medical technology utilized during this procedure, the success rate has also increased dramatically. During the procedure a thin needle called a punch is utilized to remove hair from the donor area (usually located at the nape of the head) and then the hair is transplanted using either the Sapphire FUE method or DHI method as required. As the patient will be under local anesthesia, he/she will feel no pain.
Stages of hair transplant
Stage one: Drawing of the hairline and shaving of the head
Stage two: The application of local anesthesia (general anesthesia may be requested).
Stage three: Grafts are taken from the donor area.
Stage four: Canals in the scalp are made with a sapphire blade.
Stage five: The hair is transplanted into the desired areas.
Stages of hair transplant
1) Sapphire FUE method
A special sapphire blade (so named as the blade is made from sapphire) is used to open “channels” in the scalp area prior to the transplantation of hair. When compared to more traditional steel blades, sapphire blades keep their sharp edge for longer periods of time.
Advantages of the Sapphire FUE method
• As Sapphire blades have a smooth edge and a very sharp point, they cause less damage to existing hair follicles than steel blades. This is especially important when making incisions into an area which already has hair follicles present.
• Sapphire blades are anti-microbial
• Sapphire blades help facilitate a more natural look,reduce incidences of edema (swelling) occuring and can help the hair to be 30% denser.
• Sapphire blades create smaller incisions so tissue recovery is shorter than that of incisions made with a steel blade.
• incisions made with a Sapphire blade encourage grafts to retain their original growth direction once the hair has been transplanted.
2) DHI Method
This is a variation of the FUE method. The hair follicles are initially collected from the donor area with the use of a micro-motor and then transplanted to the transplant area. One of the most important differences between this and any other method is that hair is transplanted back into the scalp using a special medical device called a “Choi pen”.
Advantages of DHI method
• No scarring, bleeding or traces of transplantation after the operation
• It can be done without shaving or cuttiıng the hair.
• Grafts do not need to be left and exposed once they have been removed. Reducing the risk of the hair roots dying.
• The operation does not require any incisions to be made or stitches after.
What to do before the procedure:
• Do not use any type of blood thinner such as aspirin for 3 days before the procedure.
• For the same reason, avoid drinking herbals teas or taking herbal supplements as they may have blood thinning properties.
• Avoid consuming alcohol as this may reduce the effectiveness of the local anesthetics used during the procedure.
• Avoid smoking in any shape or form as this inhibits blood flow to the scalp.
• On the day of the procedure, make sure you wear a shirt or similar type of garment that can be fastened at the front and does not need to be worn over the head.
What to do after the procedure:
• You may return home as soon as the procedure is complete. You will not be required to stay in hospital over night.
• You should get plenty of rest and minimize everyday activities until the day after the procedure.
• Swelling may occur especially around the forehead area and occassionally around the eyes. This is totally normal and will usually subside in time leaving no permanent or future problems.
• For the first 3 nights after the procedure, you should sleep with your head elavated at a 45 degree angle with the help of a pillow.
Working and exercising after the procedure
• Avoid over working or any type of exercise for one week after the procedure.
• Avoid weight lifting or carrying things for 10-14 days after the procedure.
• Avoid any swimming pools, saunas and solariums
• Avoid any kind of sexual activity for at least 1 month after the procedure.
• You are permitted to shower after the procedure; however, you should under no condition should you wash your hair.
• You are permitted to wash your hair 48 hrs after the procedure as long as you strictly follow the intructions given to you by either your physician or consultant.
• Do not directly wash the transplant area with the use of a shower or tap.
• Washing itself should also be done very gently. The best method is to squeeze a little shampoo into your hand, lather it up well between your hands, and then carefully rub it into your hair.
• Be careful not to scrub too much as this may dislodge the transplant grafts.
• Be careful not to dislodge grafts with your finger nails.
• Try to avoid using hair dryers for at least 2 weeks.
• Hair products such as mousse and hair spray can be used a week after the procedure but they shouıld be washed out daily.
• Hair colouring, perming or cutting the hair may be done once all the scabbing has been removed.
• Scabs will usually fall off in 7 – 10 days though sometimes this can last longer.
• Applying ointment such as Aquaphoror Bacitracin or Polysporin can be applied in order to soften scabs if they are prominent. However, as these are oil based you may wish to consider the use of K-Y jelly instead as this is water based.
Will the hair that I have had transplanted fall out?
It is totally normal for the hair that has been transplanted to appear to fall out a few weeks after the procedure. This, however, is nothing to worry about as any hair lost will regrow between 3-4 months later. Once this has happened, the hair follicles will grow back maintaing the look they had before.