When diet and exercise aren't enough, we generate a solution to your excess weight and sagging abdominal skin by tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty). By removal of your excess fat tissues and sagging skin, we deliver you a dynamic look.
A tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, is a cosmetic surgical procedure that aims to improve the shape and appearance of the abdomen. It involves removing excess fat and skin from the abdomen, tightening the connective tissue, and repositioning the remaining skin to create a more toned and sculpted look. This procedure is often chosen by individuals who have excess fat or loose skin around the bellybutton area or a weakened lower abdominal wall. It can also be beneficial for those who have experienced significant weight changes, pregnancy, abdominal surgery, or aging. It's important to note that a tummy tuck can remove stretch marks and excess skin below the bellybutton, but it won't correct stretch marks outside of this area. Additionally, a tummy tuck can be performed in combination with other body contouring procedures, such as breast surgery. If you have had previous liposuction, a tummy tuck can be an option to address excess skin, as liposuction primarily removes fat tissue rather than skin. It's always best to consult with one of qualified patient coordinators and plastic surgeons to determine if a tummy tuck is the right choice for you based on your individual circumstances and goals.
At American Aesthetic, we understand that tummy tuck surgery is a major procedure that requires careful consideration. That's why we prioritize patient safety and comfort throughout the process. When you come in for your tummy tuck surgery, you will meet our experienced plastic surgeon and your dedicated general anesthesiologist. They will ensure that you are fully informed and prepared for the procedure. Under general anesthesia, you will be asleep and won't feel any pain or discomfort during the surgery. Our skilled plastic surgeon will make a horizontal incision between your belly button and pubic bone. The length of the incision will depend on the amount of excess skin that needs to be removed. Rest assured, our surgeons are highly skilled and take great care to minimize scarring. The incision is strategically placed so that it can be easily hidden by underwear or a bikini bottom. Once the excess skin is trimmed, the incision will be closed with sutures or skin adhesives. After the surgery, you will be provided with detailed post-op care instructions to ensure proper healing and minimize scarring. If you are considering adding liposuction to your tummy tuck, our surgeons can discuss the combined procedure with you. This can be a great option if you have stubborn stomach fat that doesn't respond to diet and exercise. At American Aesthetic, we offer a range of tummy tuck options, including the traditional, extended, mini, and reverse tummy tuck. Each procedure is tailored to address specific concerns and achieve your desired results. Our team is dedicated to providing you with personalized care and guiding you through the entire process. We encourage you to schedule a consultation with our plastic surgeon to discuss your goals and determine the best tummy tuck procedure for you.
The standard tummy tuck is a popular procedure for women who have gone through pregnancy and childbirth. It focuses on reshaping and toning the lower abdominal area. The surgeon makes an incision above the pubic area, from hip to hip, to remove excess skin and fatty tissue. Liposuction is used to contour the area and make it flatter. The abdominal muscles are also tightened during the procedure. To achieve a symmetrical and natural outcome, the belly button may be repositioned. If you've had a C-section before, the same incision may be reused to minimize additional scarring. Most of the incisions can be concealed by undergarments or a bathing suit.
Mini-abdominoplasties are performed with shorter incisions and are often recommended for individuals with less excess skin. Unlike the extended tummy tuck, your belly button is typically not moved during this type of procedure. The skin is separated between the line of incision and your belly button. Mini-abdominoplasties generally take about one to two hours to complete. Similar to the complete abdominoplasty, drainage tubes may or may not be used after surgery, depending on your surgeon's recommendation.
An extended tummy tuck is a more extensive version of the standard option. It not only targets the tummy but also addresses the hips and sides of the lower back. During the surgery, a horizontal incision is made across the lower abdomen, extending around the hips. In some cases, a vertical incision may also be required. The procedure involves tightening the abdominal muscles, removing excess skin and tissue from the abdominal and flank regions, and resecuring the skin. Repositioning the navel is typically necessary as well. Due to the longer incision and more extensive tucking, the recovery time is longer than that of a standard tummy tuck, usually lasting around two to three weeks.
The reverse tummy tuck is a procedure that specifically targets excess skin on the upper abdomen. It involves making a horizontal incision from the lower breast fold to the remaining lower breast fold, similar to the bra line. This allows for the tightening of the upper abdominal muscles and the removal of excess connective tissue and skin. In some cases, the excess skin under the breasts can be used to enhance fullness or repositioning, often in combination with a breast lift. The recovery period for this procedure is typically around one to two weeks.
The Fleur de Lis tummy tuck is a procedure that aims to remove significant excess skin from the entire midsection. It involves making a horizontal incision, similar to the traditional tummy tuck, as well as a vertical incision in the middle of the stomach. This allows the surgeon to have better access to the abdominal muscles and enables the removal of a larger amount of skin, resulting in a tighter waistline. The Fleur de Lis technique is particularly beneficial for patients who have experienced massive weight loss and want to reveal their newly slim figures by getting rid of the excess skin that has been hiding their progress.
• The corset should be worn for a period of 4-6 weeks as directed by your physician.
• Anti-embolism stockings should be worn for 5-10 days after the operation to reduce the risk of edema or an embolism. They should definitely be worn if you are travelling by car or airplane shortly after the procedure. In such cases, it is quite normal to have symptoms of edema, such as swelling, during the trip. Such symptoms should lessen within a day or so.
• Your first post-op shower: you may shower 10 days after the operation has taken place. Be sure not to remove any bandages and avoid using shower gel whilst showering, instead use a natural soap. You should not shower for too long and the water ideally should be tepid (neither hot nor cold). As soon as you have finished taking a shower, you should dry the bandages covering the wound with a dry clean towel and then the bandages should be dried completely using a hairdryer set on the coldest setting for around 1-2 minutes.
• Your second post-op shower: You may take your second shower 2 days after the first. Once you have taken your shower you may remove the bandages completely. You should not pick at the stitches or attempt to remove them. İn time they will disintergrate by themselves.
• You may use scar cream 3 weeks after the operation, but this will very much depend on the condition of the stitches. The scar should fade away 6 months after the procedure.
• Scarex gel or isil tape may be used to treat post-op scars.
• Corsets should be washed and dried at least once a week. Please keep in mind that you should not be without a corset for no more than 2 hours.
• You can start light sports a month after the operation.
• For the first month you should avoid any movement that could damage the stitches during sexual intercourse.
• You should massage your body gently using skin nourishing creams such as bepanthen plus or baby oil .
Our patients needs are at the heart of American Aesthetic and we strive to ensure that they get the best possible care from the moment they make an enquiry to the moment they walk out of the hospital. As Turkey, Istanbul ranks the 3rd most popular place in the world for cosmetic surgery with an average of 1 million visitors each year, you will find that both our consultants and medical staff are more than qualified and experienced to attend to all your cosmetic needs. For American Aesthetic, it is of the uptmost importance that you walk out of our hospital with the look that you both want and deserve. The Operating rooms at American Aesthetic are fitted with the latest state-of-the-art medical appliances to ensure that you get the best possible results as well as with ultraviolet lighting to ensure that your operation takes place in the most hygenic of environments. For patients visiting from outside of Turkey, we provide a hotel room in the heart of Istanbul on the European side as well as a VIP pick up service from the airport to the hotel and between the hotel and hospital. Here are some other reasons why you should come to us for your surgery:
• American Aesthetic is a well established dedicated cosmetic surgery (we are not an agency or clinic).
• Our surgeons, nurses and other medical staff have many years experience in the field of plastic surgery.
• We are rated as one of Istanbul’s top plastic surgeries.
• As we are a boutique hospital and have limited surgeries each day, we are able to provide better quality care and post-op check ups.
• The same surgeon that carries out your operation will also oversee your post-op check ups.
• The majority of our patients have been recommended to come to us by previous patients which illustrates the outstanding quality of care we give.
• Our patient coordinators are all proficient English speakers and will be here to assist you from the moment you make an inquiry to the duration of your stay with us and even when you are back home to make sure you are recovering the way you should be.
• For cosmetic procedures that require surgery, you will be given all the necessary garments and medication (antibiotics and painkillers), to make sure you get a good start on your road to recovery.
• We use the latest technology and techniques.
• We offer the best affordable prices for an outstanding quality service.
• A VIP chauffeur to pick you up from the airport when you arrive and to bring you back when it is time for you to depart.
• Hotel accomodation with free breakfast. You may also bring one companion with you and they too will get free breakfast.
• Transport to bring you between the hotel and surgery on the day of your operation and every subsequent post-op check up.
• Pre-op consultation and post-op check ups at no extra charge.
• Corsets and stockings that should be worn post-op to help you heal.
• All of the medication you will need to get you on your journey to recovery post-op
• A native English speaker will also be present throughout your stay to make sure that all your needs are met.
As we age, the tissues around our eyes stretch and as a result the muscles holding them together weaken. Blepharoplasty removes the excess skin that has formed as a result of this process making your eyes look fresher and more youthful.
For many, the face is one of the first areas where they begin to notice the effects of ageing. From wrinkles around the eyes and on the forehead to sagging skin, a face lift can address most of these concerns. By making incisions in strategic places and getting rid of excess skin, our surgeon can help recontour and redifine your face giving it a more youthful appearance.
As we age, lose weight or after we give birth, we may find certain pockets of fat are harder to remove than others through exercise and diet alone. Liposuction can help remove this fat by extracting it with a very strong vacuum. Outside of traditional liposuction, we also provide vaser liposuction which uses ultrasonic waves first to breakdown fat cells before extracting them. This often leads to less damage being done to the remaining tissue and thus enabling a quicker recovery time. Liposuction is a procedure which can be performed on all body parts.
Some of us are left with an excess of skin around our tummy area after losing a lot of weight or giving birth. As this skin cannot be lost through exercise or diet alone, a ‘tummy tuck’ can be used to surgically remove the excess skin to give your tummy a thinner more defined look. It is important to remember that a tummy tuck is not a weight loss procedure and may not be a suitable procedure for everyone.
The ageing process often results in a decrease in the distance between your eyebrows and eyelashes, and this lower position often makes people look tired, sad or angry. By making an incision in the scalp our surgeons will be able to get rid of any excess skin and lift your brow giving you a happier and fresher appearance.
Amerikan Estetik is not only an aesthetic center but also a reputable healthcare institution accredited by the Ministry of Health for Medical Tourism. This accreditation highlights the quality and reliability of the high-standard healthcare services we offer at our center in Istanbul-Şişli, covering areas such as Plastic Surgery, Medical Aesthetics, and Hair Transplantation.
We believe that aesthetic appearance is not just about external beauty but also about health and happiness. Amerikan Estetik Medical Center views transformation as an improvement not only in your outward appearance but also in your quality of life. Your health and happiness are our top priorities.
With our expert team, state-of-the-art equipment, and personalized treatment approach, we aim to provide you with the best results. Remember, Amerikan Estetik is not limited to beauty and aesthetics; it strives to be a hospital and aesthetic center that aims to be a part of your health and happiness. We are here to accompany you on a journey to a healthier and happier life.